Logo Design by FlamingText.com
Logo Design by FlamingText.com

Who is Mz Nan

Summerville, South Carolina, United States
My Name is Nannette Nicole Ewing-Dewese some of you all know me as Nannette, Nan, or Nicky, I'm 35, Born in Boston MA, but raised in Cambridge MA. I relocated to Summerville, SC October 2010.... Happily Married...

Welcome

Welcome to my blog Real is Real.... This blog is about keeping it real about real life issues and topics.... I won't accept fake people on my blog site as I will have no problems calling you out... lollll.... I also want to have fun with it as well. I hold nothing back so if you are the type to get offended my blogs won't be for you. lolll... I hope to keep you all entertained and thanks for visiting my site. I hope you enjoy. :)

Mz Nan.....

Friday, March 16, 2012

Hello all,

I know it's been a while... It's been a rough month with all the losses in my family especially the recent one with the passing of my Uncle Billy... I want to start out by saying Thank you to all my friends and family that have been supportive during this time... You had to know my uncle to understand the impact and capacity he had on people's lives.... It'll definitely take me a while to process this one but my uncle is at peace now resting comfortably with my grandparents, aunt, uncles, great aunts and uncles, etc. After attending his funeral with nearly 1000 people that's why I had to name this blog friendship in his honor. It was truly amazing to see all the friends, family, colleague's, school mates, etc that came out for my uncle. Even Senator Scott Brown that attended Tufts with my Uncle was in attendance... Even for myself during the last few years during my ups and down times I've truly seen who my real friends and even with my recent trip to Boston... All I'll say is this even if you send a text message or just pick up the phone too say hey I was just checking on you that's what a friend does.. A friend to me is not sending me messages through social networking sites/email and that's our only form of communication unless there are certain circumstances just not acceptable to me. Friendship is like a marriage or relationship it requires work and effort and I've seen people that have and still are putting in the effort and people that are basically associates... My best friend is in the military in Afghanastan and she communicated with me through facebook but she picked up the phone and called me to check on me that's why we've been best friends for 24 years no matter where she is at or what part of the world she's in she always reaches out to me.... But because you tweet me or write on my facebook wall daily doesn't classify you as being my friend even though we are in a different era of life today with communications I still believe in the old fashion way at times picking up the phone we aren't robots... When I came to Boston I made an effort to reach out too all those that were my friends in my time of need and from the return I got it's never been clearer to me who my real friends are... On that note that's all I'll say on that subject.... I'm not trying to turn this into a negative blog just expressing myself so some people understand where I'm coming from... Basically my point is everyone in attendance at my uncle's funeral made an effort to be there from all parts of the world including myself and that's true friendship/family... I'll leave with this scripture below.

The godly give good advice to their friends; the wicked lead them astray.
(Proverbs 12:26)


RIP Uncle Billy
9/9/61 - 2/24/12

Love Always,

Mz Nan

2 comments:

  1. Well said New New! This bloG always keeps it REAL! Keep em comin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. True friends are very few and associates are many......

    ReplyDelete